Sri Lanka Yoga Retreat
Sri Lanka – in Sanskrit means “a blessed land.” A fabulous island in the Indian Ocean with amazing combination of palm forests, tea plantations and a warm ocean breeze.
From Vedic times people worshiped the practice of yoga and service to the Higher Forces on this island. The king of Lanka – Ravana, himself practiced austerities and yoga here, as a result he gained the gift of invulnerability from Brahma and immortality from Shiva.
Buddhism had penetrated to the island in the III century BC and today more than 70% of the island’s population profess Buddhism (mainly Theravada). Sri Lanka has preserved many temples that have the strongest energy and spiritual significance for the followers of Hinduism and Buddhism.
The spiritual atmosphere in the place where the retreat is hosted is one of the key conditions for good practice. For our yoga retreat we’ve selected the most interesting and powerful places in our opinion.
In 2020-2021 we will host 2 yoga-retreats in Sri Lanka:
December 18 – 27, 2020 – 10 days
December 27, 2020 – January 9, 2021 – New Year retreat for 14 days
The list of places we are planning to visit during our nearest retreats:
- Kandi – cultural and religious capital of the island where we’ll visit the sacred temple of Duddha’s Tooth and the incredibly beautiful botanical garden
- Trinkomali – a city by the ocean with one of the most sacred temples of Shiva
- Nuvara-Eliya – the mountainous region of the island. There are the temples of Hanuman and Sita (heroes of the Indian epic Ramayana)
- Ella – the most famous tea plantations are located here. We’ll also take a tour to the ancient buddhist temple (more than 2000 years old) and Ravana’s cave located here
- Adam’s peak mountain – on the top of this mountain there’s Buddha’s footprint
- Anuradhapura – it’s the north capital of buddhism on the island where the sacred stupas are preserved
- Uluwatu – a paradise place on the ocean where we’ll spend several unforgettable days enjoying the beauty and power of the ocean. If we are lucky we will get acquainted with huge ocean turtles at close range and feed them with algae
We are working on the detailed route with our partners on the island. Given the experience of previous retreats we try to choose the most convenient stopping places and travel options. The pace will be balanced enough for you to leave time for classes and personal practices.
If you want to be notified when the details of this retreat will be posted on our website, send us your contact email address (we do not use addresses for spam):
Some interesting moments from the previous retreats:
Join the healthy lifestyle stream in our Facebook group: